The silencing of tumor suppressor genes via DNA hypermethylation and the overexpression of transposable elements via global DNA hypomethylation are well-known patterns of cancer cell formation. The discovery of cancer DNA methylation biomarkers is important for the improvement and design of cancer therapies. The 28 genes of the Cancer Panel were selected from prior breast cancer studies EpigenDx conducted in collaboration with other institutes and universities. However, the panel is customizable to exclude or include any target regions of your interest. All methylation assays of the Cancer Panel were individually validated using DNA extracted from FFPE samples, but a subset of the panel was also validated using cell-free serum plasma DNA. Analyze the entire panel using targeted Next-Generation Bisulfite Sequencing, or analyze a few select regions using Pyrosequencing.
Cancer Methylation Panel
Cancer Panel Methylation Analysis Service
- Submit your samples to EpigenDx’s service laboratory.
- Accept all types sample types: cell pellets, fresh frozen tissues, FFPE, plasma/serum, extract DNA.
- Versatility with Pyrosequencing and targeted Next-Gen Bisulfite Sequencing
- EpigenDx provides a complete solution: DNA extraction, bisulfite modification, library preparation, sequencing, and data analysis.
- Full result reports with an explanation of the data.
Cancer Methylation Panel Assay Kits
- Compatible with targeted Next-Gen Bisulfite Sequencing, MS-HRM, and Pyrosequencing
- Ready-to-use assays for specificically amplification of bisulfite converted DNA
- Master mix with convenient PCR set up
- Optimized assay protocol
- Primers good for 300 reactions.
- Access to our knowledgeable and experienced customer service.
Cancer Panel Available as Kits or Services
|Cancer DNA Methylation Panel|
|Platform:||Targeted Next-Gen Bisulfite Sequencing
|Species:||Human (Homo sapiens)|
|Stats:||300 CpG sites | 28 genes|
|Genes validated on FFPE samples:||APC, BRCA1, CD44, CDKN1A, CDKN2A, CST6, DAPK1, EN1, ESR1, ESR2, GSTM2, GSTP1, HIST1H3C, HOXB4, LHX2, MAGEA1, PARP1, PDGFRA, PGR, PTGS2, RARB, RASGRF2, RASSF1, RUNX3, SGK1H, SOX17, TFF1, TMEFF2|
|Gene validated on serum plasma DNA:||APC, BRCA1, CDKN2A, CST6, DAPK1, ESR2, GSTP1, HIST1H3C, HOXB4, RARB, RASGRF2, RUNX3, SOX17, TMEFF2|
|References:||Exploring DNA methylation changes in promoter, intragenic, and intergenic regions as early and late events in breast cancer formation (Rauscher et al. 2015)|